Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Yarn for Years Past

The other night I was driving home from my favorite wool shop of 15 years ago, and it struck me. The magic was gone. I used to get a feeling there, of comfort and I don't know if it was because I brought my hubby and kids with me (which were somewhat of a distraction), or the bland unwelcoming of the people minding the shop. There was a man in the shop , which was nice, but he was rude to a customer. Overall, I felt let down. It was sad, but it was also a lesson learned for me. I don't need to hang onto it anymore. Weird or not, I felt like going there was going to change me back to what I used to be. Whoops it sounds like I'm getting a little melodramatic here...
I had all these hysterically funny ideas for things I wanted to write about the experience, but now...after the lovely buzz of margarita has worn off...the ideas slid away.
I did manage to come home and finish the hat, but still have to finish the booties. I embroidered a little bear face that came out OK. I'm hoping it will all look much better once I block it.
I received a little gift package in the mail today, a copy of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitters Almanac, and "Socks Soar on two Circular Needles". I've read good things about both. I would also like to see the other Elizabeth Zimmerman book - Knitting Without Tears.
I found my wonderful hand spun wool from Utah!!! I wrote about it the other night, and then I had to go on a huge hunt for it. Now I just need a plan for it for after I'm finished with the rest of the stuff that needs finishing.
It's late I'm tired. No knitting done tonight. Except a small star from the Zimmerman book. I need sleeeeep.

No comments: