Thursday, January 25, 2007

What was once lost...

You'll be happy to know - I haven't given up completely. This Tendonitis will not beat me! I thought maybe I could try crochet to see if it bothers my arm - so instead of trying to complete something of my massive collection - I have again, started something new. It's a small crochet headband for my daughter. I can hold my arm in a fashion in which it doesn't move very much and then I'm ok for a bit. How silly is that.? You'd think I would just stop and not cause myself any pain, but I'm stuck now in a pattern (ha ha...little fiber joke) that I can't remove myself from. I need the knitting as an outlet, or stress remover, and now that I'm committed to accomplishing things instead of letting them go; I know I can't stop completely or everything may end up in the attic again. I haven't told that story completely. In short - I'd had a bad bought of mistake after mistake years ago and looked at what I'd finished and liked nothing, and thought - UGH - why bother? I packed it all away for 4 years and haven't touched it since. Recently I'd remembered the calm it brought me and realized why I enjoyed it to begin with. It wasn't the result - the finished product - as I'd initially thought. It was the process.
If anyone has had a similar problem with Tendonitis, write me and let me know what you did about it, and if you got past it. I'd appreciate the idea that there is hope.

No comments: