Saturday, January 13, 2007

Unfinished Projects; The Giant Knitting Basket





The first issue is an old sweater I knit years ago...you'll recognize the fishy buttons from this project. Both color and buttons were something my Mom tried to talk me out of. I LOVE it. It's me. Only one problem. This was early still in my knitting history and I misjudged the size of the sleeves and made them the next size up because I (DUH) did not realize it was a drop shoulder sweater and those little short sleeves would have been juuuust right. But no, I ripped them and went for the LARGEST size. So they are HUGE. My job- to repair the problem. No small task. Especially when I was too excited to finish and (perish the thought) knotted my loose ends in instead of weaving them! Yikes. I don't think I left enough free yarn to weave them in later. Icky.


Item number two are socks I was knitting for my hubby for Christmas that I never got around to finishing. Well to put the record straight - I was knitting him two pairs. One he received the other he did not. So, this is sock one of the second pair. Knit in Lions Brand Magic Stripes. One pair in Sea Blue this pair in Brown/Blue pattern. Overall I'm not fond of the texture, but I'm glad they are washable.





The third- fifth items. Hats and booties for my new niece. Done from a kit - eh... well it was a bargain I tell you! They are not finished. The booties need their ears and they all need embroidered faces. You'll see. They'll be good, er great, er ok maybe.


And last but not least this nastyish looking thing. It's a sweater from one of The Yarn Girls many books, and my choice of yarn wasn't supreme. It's hard to tell but its a block pattern of knit and purl. Maybe that's why it looks a little inside out right now. Plus it has a roll effect on the bottom and I haven't added the neck yet. Maybe a patterned yarn wasn't the best choice for this, but it's for my other niece and I've got to get it done. The other problem I ran out of the yarn. I'm attempting to use the pink as a neck and binding off inthe original. Not sure how that will look til' I do it I guess.
Oops i have two more sweaters in my basket which I didn't photograph. So next time. Over and out.


2 comments:

Chris said...

HI! It's Chris from Briar Rose Fibers......you will love having a blog! Yours is set up nice....have fun and we are so happy you joined our KAL......

Kim said...

Hello H. I LOVE the fish button! Can't wait to see your Briar Rose pics posted!