Monday, April 6, 2015

Mini Easter Break is over

We traveled to my parents this weekend for Easter, and although it was a much shorter visit than originally planned, it was a nice little break from the routines of our regular lives.  My sister was there with her two children and two dogs and we also brought two children and two dogs and because my parents also have a dog we actually had more dogs than children in the house.  This proved to be especially fun when the dogs chose to play with each other at 6:30 am or alternatively 11:00 pm! This involved racing around and chewing on each other and also some barking by the two smaller dogs who either really wanted to be involved or did not want to get run over.  And of course the weekend was sprinkled with dog accidents here and there.  Fun, especially when stepped in.  Not by me however.
We ate lots and lots of good food and the kids had a really great time playing outside which they did with great energy and noise; I think I can speak for all the adults as to how grateful we were that they were outside in the early beginnings of Spring -actually enjoying each others company instead of permanently affixed to their digital devices as per usual.

I with much optimism, brought knitting and a book - neither of which were touched the entire time.  I did manage to get nice photos of both the sunset on the ocean the night before Easter and the sunrise over the ocean as well...

Sometimes I really wonder if my parents realize how lucky they are.



No comments: