Wednesday, February 6, 2008

ON Hold until class is over

I am frozen. Not literally, but I have stopped knitting until Sunday. I could work on that simple Aran Scarf that moves quickly, when I actually work on it, that is. Or I could add a few more rows to my lace scarf. My arm has been bothering me again, and I've been spending more time reading instead of knitting, lately. But I have a good reason besides my arm. I'm taking a class on Fair Isle - A one day, Sunday Brunch group lesson at what remains of my LKS. She has moved it to her home now, and the actual shop is closed. She apparently still has a limited supply of yarn for sale in her home and opens her home to others to come and knit, or ask questions, or whatever they need, since the shop has closed. This is the first time I'll be going to her home, and taking a class with her. I'm looking forward to the day, like a treat. It's my idea of the perfect Mother's Day or Birthday. I' know I'll be starting something new, so I am hesitant to start something else. I have however done something I know I'll be in trouble for soon. I've ordered the pattern and the yarn for this GORGEOUS Autumn Tam, that I found originally on Ravelry. She has another like it in dark blues. I hope I can do it after I take this class. I have the feeling that we'll be making some kind of hat in this class, but that's ok too. I was hoping more for learning how to knit with multiple colors, but she's only having us work with two. That's ok, maybe the techniques will improve my rather scrambled attempts at color work so far. I'm assuming there is a better way than what I know. It's possible that what I'm doing is it. I still struggle with my carrying colors ending up too tight or too loose, however and herein lies the question. Is there some magical way, that will solve this problem for me?
I've been reading...and I'm almost embarrassed to say... albeit some really interesting reading it is actually children's literature. I'm reading a series called The Land of Elyon. I bought the first book for my 8 year old to read, but then as she started to read it, she became frightened early on and wouldn't finish it. I picked it up just to see how scary it was and whether or not it was appropriate for her. The book I was reading, is actually the 4th, after the initial trilogy, it starts as a prequel of other characters from the original trilogy. It was called Into the Mist. I loved it. I went right out and bought the trilogy. I guess I'm still looking for something to replace Harry Potter for me. I'll be finishing the 3rd book tonight or tomorrow. They make for a nice escape. Other than knitting that is...

No comments: