Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Life Needs Change

Sometimes...many times... in your life you may hit that point where you recognize the rut you are in has just settled into becoming your life. Your rut is your life. Your life is your rut. There doesn't seem a way out. I happen to thrive on change, and travel and "the new". If I can't get it I have to make it where I can. I need to add new things. Like updating the look of this page, with new colors and a gorgeous shot of Alaska. It's like a breath of fresh air. I've invented this secret life for myself as part of overcoming what is my life. My secret life is full of amazing wonderful things. I can move to Alaska in my secret life and create art. I have an endless supply of money and happiness, and knitting supplies in my secret life. I'm sure I'm not the first person to feel this way. Unless you are the perfect housewife and mother who loves the mundane details of school lunches and homework and nagging your children to brush their teeth and pick up messes. If I were perfect at it and could manage everything with a breeze and a smile and make wonderful creative meals and sign up my kids for after school activities and classes...(hmmm this is starting to sound more like my secret life than my reality), than perhaps I'd be happy with my daily routine as it goes.
Anyway, I've hit a snag. My reality seems to mimic my knitting, since I also have hit a snag in my tam. My pattern count is off after the last row and I have to tink back, but I've put it off. It sits in a bright pink bag on my coffee table, and I can see the needles from here. In fact it looks as though a stitch is about to slide off a needle and I still don't want to pick it up! I feel like Stephanie Pearl McPhee in one of her books when she is unable to finish something. Speaking of Pearls...there is a bright light on my horizon. I've just signed up to go see her this spring - right near WEBS. Maybe I should just stop whining and pick up my needles and fix the problem, and then start counting the days until she is on my horizon.

No comments: