Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ravelry - YAYYY!

I'm in! I'm in!!.... Now I just need time and more photos, and I think this calls for photos of my stash. I really do. I have an over sized trunk which is our coffee table, and a LARGE knitting basket, and about 3 bags in the back of my closet. God knows what's in there. I keep dropping projects, frogging them and then trying to find new patterns for the yarn. It's sad really. I have numerous amounts of some weird green tweed color, which I thought would be so pretty, for Alice Starmore's Caledonia Sweater, but it looks eeeeeawful! So bad. Really yucky. Should I finish it anyway? Maybe i need another yarn? I don't know. The chances of me buying more yarn right now are slim to none. Maybe frog it and start it again. At the least I'll have to make it a size larger...god I hope I have enough yarn now. I'm Hinklebell on Ravelry. Looking so forward to more and more of it.
Oh - what I'm up to. I put down the lace for a while. I pick it up and do about 4 rows each time. i think I'm better off that way. I've been working on a cable scarf and finally finally cleaned up the dreaded stash a bit and pulled out my Dad's old Reynolds Lopi Icelandic sweater that I started for him..hmmm before I was married? Definitely before kids. Anyway, it's old. I finished the unfinished sleeve. Tinked back the one that was too long - joined in the round to the body and I'm up to the 3rd pattern repeat for the Yoke. Hurrah. I've forgotten how easy and fun and fast these are. No wonder it was my first sweater. Tonight no knitting - I'm working, but I thought I'd post my thanks to Ravelry for inviting me at long last!
Cheers -

No comments: