Sunday, February 11, 2007



Progress! I finished the little bear baby hat and booties which have been hanging over my head and I even embellished a bit and made a little pink star for her as well. It's a little wonky looking but oh well... at least I finished it. Luckily for me it was mostly sewing and embroidery, so my arm wasn't affected ... much. Sorry about the pictures - the light was bad.

The latest on my little sweater for her sister is that I RAN OUT OF YARN! Ok so I hemmed and hawed for some reason about buying the expensive GIANT roll of yarn again, because I would have so much leftover - but I finally gave in and went to go buy it and lo and behold it was gone. EEEK. But lovely gal that she is -Jean, the owner of the shop said she would try to order it and get it here fairly soon, so I've set it down, and will wait.
In the meantime, I wanted to get comfortable with magic looping socks before I tried to do my second sock with it so I started the Yukon Leaves sock, with some weird yarn I found in my stash (I'm afraid it's acrylic.) but I like the colorway, and the sock actually is coming along nicely. Well...sort of. It s the wrong yarn for a lace pattern - the holes are not visable. It would work much better with a sock yarn. Also, I'm not using a really nice set of circulars and they are coiling up on me and driving me a little crazy everytime they get tangled in my working yarn. BUT I still like it better than DP's!
The last problem is I followed instructions for a larger sock and cast on 64 - however... I'm using 3's instead of 1's...so it's large enough for my calves but too large ultimately as a sock for me, so I'm frogging them, and getting back to my original plan of NOTHING new until I finish all my other projects.
Off to make a big breakfast for my family now... or maybe I'll just frog that sock first. Ooh here's a question: If you have a center hole self-feeding ball of yarn and you frog your project - what do you do with yarn? Stuff it back in the center?

No comments: