Sunday, February 18, 2007

To SP or not to SP

My new favorite hobby has admittedly become reading other knitting blogs. I'm adding new ones to my list daily. Meanwhile the leaning tower of books next to my bed sit there sadly...and rarely opened. I'm still reading a book, "Saving Fish from Drowning"; Amy Tan which I cracked open months ago. That's not normal book-reading speed for me. I generally finish what I start within a week. But that's neither here nor there and not what I wanted to write about today. My 2nd and 3rd current obsessions are finding a copy of Kristin Nicholas' pattern for her "Our Family" pullover. I saw it on her website. It was originally published in Vogue Knitting Winter, 2003. I cannot find a back issue. Not even on eBay. UG. I'm still working on it.
Now onto the big question: Should I join the Secret Pal 10?? I'm hung up on it because of the spending involved, but honestly it really isn't that much, and I'll get packages and presents!! WHEEEE! I'm like a kid on Christmas day just getting letters! I got a treat on Valentines Day when I was heading upstairs to find some red socks, to wear and lo and behold there was the FED EX guy on my doorstep! I thought it would be my book : Knitting Beautiful Classics and it was, but there was also a package from my mother and what was inside you ask? RED SOCKS! Nice. Surprise packages are even better than regular packages, which are pretty exciting to me. Gee it doesn't take much to please me does it? So I think I will join... If I'm buying little things for others it won't seem nearly so decadent as it would to buy them for myself especially when I have two girls and a husband in need of things as well. But my husband can say nothing to me receiving little gifties in the mail!! Here I go!
Pictures to follow soon of the nearly finished socks for the aforementioned husband. I'm going to finish them today. I think I'm keeping them for myself, since i knit them a little too small for him. He does have small feet, but I guess I underestimated the size a bit. Oh well - more for me!

No comments: